Activating Okta SSO
To activate single sign-on for Okta, log in to Narvar Hub, open the menu on the left, click Admin at the bottom of the menu, and select Security.
Once on the security page, scroll down to the section titled Single Sign-On, click on the Identity Provider drop-down menu, select SAML, and follow the steps below:
- Choose a name for the Display Name. Most retailers use their retailer name.
- Copy the Narvar Hub Redirect URL for use in Okta.
- Once you’ve copied the redirect URL, navigate to your Okta account.
- Click Admin in the top right corner.
- Open the menu on the left, expand the Applications menu item, and click Applications.
- On the Applications page, click Create App Integration.
- On the Create a New App Integration page, select the SAML 2.0 radio button, and click Next.
- In the General Settings tab, set the App name to “Narvar Hub”. Check the Do not display application icon to users and Do not display application icon in the Okta Mobile App checkboxes and click on Next.
- In the Configure SAML tab paste the Narvar Hub Redirect URL you copied earlier into the following form fields:
- Single sign on URL
- Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
- Select EmailAddress from Name ID format drop-down menu and Email from Application username drop-down menu then click Next.
- In the Feedback tab select the I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app radio button. The other fields on this page can be omitted. Click Finish.
- The General tab of the application’s details should look like this:
- Select the Sign On tab, click View SAML setup instructions, and copy the value from Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL.
- Paste the value into the Single Sign-On Service URL, and click Save.
You will now be able to login to Narvar Hub using your Okta credentials.
Using Single Sign-On
Navigate to Narvar Hub, click the Single Sign-On button and type in your email address. If you are already logged in to Okta, you will be immediately logged in to Narvar Hub. If you are not logged in to Okta, you will first be asked to authenticate with Okta and then you will be redirected back to Hub.
Okta has a “My Apps” menu that lists applications users can login to. At this time, Narvar does not support logging in from this menu. Please follow the instructions above for Single Sign-On. This can be disabled by selecting the Do not display application icon to users and Do not display application icon in the Okta Mobile App checkboxes in General Settings.