Reduce the number of support calls and improve customer satisfaction by taking advantage of the Narvar’s Zendesk Support Chat Widget on your customer’s tracking pages. By enabling the support chat widget, customers have the opportunity to chat with a live support agent for a faster, easier resolution to their questions and concerns, leading to an overall better experience for your customers.
Enabling Zendesk Classic Web Widget
When the Support Chat Widget is active, it takes the place of the existing Help Pill in the bottom right corner of the tracking experience.
To enable the support chat widget, log in to your Hub account, navigate to the experience that you want to add the chat widget to, and select Edit Content & Layout to edit the experience content and layout.
With the Experience Editor open, scroll down to the bottom of the experience and click Edit on the Help Pill to open the settings in the right-hand sidebar.
In the settings sidebar, open the Chat Type drop-down menu and select Zendesk Web Widget (Classic).
In the space provided below, input your Zendesk Chat Widget ID—this ID can be found in your Zendesk Admin settings.
- Log in to your Zendesk Admin account
- Click Channels in the left sidebar
- Select Channels - Web Widget
- Choose Setup from the options provided in the Web Widget settings
- Copy the Widget ID from the HTML code provided (underlined in red below)
- Paste the Widget ID into your Experience Editor
After updating the Widget ID, choose whether you want your Help Pill to include Display Text, an Icon, or both. The icon can be placed either before the text or after the text using the checkboxes below the icon toggle button.
Lastly, if you decide to include text with your chat widget, update the Display Text in the final settings box.
Once satisfied with your settings, select Save, and Preview your updated experience.
Customize your Zendesk Support
You can customize the styling of your chat widget including brand colors, logo, title, description, and the shape of the chat widget. Styling updates can be made in your Zendesk Admin center.
- Log in to Zendesk Admin center
- Click Channels
- Select Classic - Web Widget
- Choose the Customization tab from the top of the page
Retailers have 3 options to choose from; Contact Form (support ticket), Chat, or Help Center which includes Contextual Help and Article Recommendations.
Use the toggle buttons provided to enable the features you want.
Below these sections you can customize the Theme Color and Theme Text Color to make sure the Web Widget matches your brand. You can select the Position of the Web Widget button as well as choose text displayed on the button from the drop-down menu provided.
For more information about customization, view Zendesk’s documentation on Advanced customization of Web Widget (Classic). Once you are satisfied, select Save to save your changes.
Help Center, Contextual Help, and Article Recommendations can only be turned on if you have your Help Center setup in Zendesk.
Adding a Help Center for your brand
To begin adding a help center for your brand, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, select Manage, and then click Brands.
- If you haven't already added your brand, click Add brand. To learn more about adding your brand to your Zendesk account view the documentation on Adding multiple brands.
- On the Brands management page, click the menu icon beside the brand you want to set up a help center for, and select Edit.
- Under Help Center, click Create.
- Next select Create yours today.
- Choose a theme you’d like to use for your help center or click Skip.
- Once complete, you'll see confirmation that your new help center has been created.
To access a branded help center, see Viewing a help center for one of your brands.