The Narvar Returns & Exchanges integration with Klaviyo helps retailers incorporate shipping event data into Klaviyo’s marketing platform, enhancing their ability to develop more relevant campaigns triggered during carrier events. Combining Narvar and Klaviyo gives you greater control over customer segmentation and targeting, improving your ability to ensure the right message is delivered to the right customer at the right time.
Getting Started with Klaviyo
- Access to Private API keys in Klaviyo in order to configure webhook settings.
- Admin access in Narvar Returns & Exchanges in order to configure webhook settings and trigger statuses for Klavyio.
- Email Templates must be ready for use in Klaviyo to create Flows.
- Communicate with your Narvar CSM or Narvar Support (email@example.com) if default Narvar emails need to be disabled.
Narvar Returns & Exchanges Setup
All events in your customers' returns journey can be sent to Klaviyo using Narvar's webhooks. Check out this article to learn more about Narvar Webhook Settings.
In the Narvar Returns & Exchanges app, navigate to the Settings page and click the Advanced tile. On the Advanced settings page, select the Webhooks tile and click Create Webhook.
- Select the Event Triggers that you want to receive events for. Below are the currently available events:
- Initiated - when a return/exchange is initiated in Narvar
- On Its Way to Retailer - when the RMA moves to On Its Way to Retailer status in the Narvar dashboard.
- Delivered to Retailer - when the RMA moves to Delivered to Retailer status in the Narvar dashboard.
- Approved - when the RMA is approved by the retailer by changing the status in the Narvar dashboard.
- Rejected - when the RMA is rejected by the retailer by changing the status in the Narvar dashboard.
- Cancelled by Retailer - when the RMA is cancelled by the retailer by changing the status in the Narvar dashboard.
- Cancelled by User - when the RMA is cancelled by a user through the return flow.
- Resolve Manually without Automation - when the RMA needs to be refunded manually because of outlier scenarios.
- Set the Endpoint URL to the following:
- Click the toggle to enable Protect endpoint URL with basic authentication.
- Set the Username field to "Klaviyo".
- Set the Password field to the private API token that you receive from Klaviyo. Check out this article to learn how to create a Private API Key in Klaviyo (only one is needed).
- Click Save to save the configuration.
- Navigate back to the Webhooks dashboard. By default, new webhooks are toggled off. Toggle your Klaviyo webhook to Live (blue), which will send the event triggers that are needed for the next steps. This will not impact any live customers because you do not have any Flows configured yet.
Trigger Webhook Statuses
- To set the triggers as an available metric to use in Klaviyo Flows, you must trigger the webhook manually in Narvar so that it is generated in Klavyio. You only need to trigger the webhooks once, and only the ones you're planning to use with the Klaviyo/Narvar integration.
- Initiate a test return > change status of the RMA to On Its Way in the dashboard > Change status to Delivered > Change status to Approved.
- This step will provide the metrics in Klaviyo for return_initiated, return_on_its_way_to_retailer, return_delivered_to_retailer, and return_approved.
- Initiate a second test return > change status of the RMA to Cancelled by Retailer > Change status to Resolve Manually without Automation.
- This step will provide the metrics in Klaviyo for return_cancelled_by_retailer, return_resolve_manually_without_automation.
- Initiate a third test return > trigger the status for Cancelled by User by cancelling the RMA through the return flow.
- This step will provide the metric in Klaviyo for return_cancelled_by_user.
- Initiate a fourth test return > change status of the RMA to Rejected.
- This step will provide the metric in Klaviyo for return_rejected.
Set Flow Triggers
- Before you set up Flow Triggers, make sure to turn the Narvar Webhook configuration to Off so that live returns do not receive the Klaviyo notifications until you're ready.
- Set up a Flow Trigger based on the desired Metric in Klaviyo.
- If you've completed the Trigger Webhook Statuses step correctly, the Metrics below should be available for use.
Disable Narvar Emails
If needed, default Narvar return emails can be disabled by contacting your CSM or submitting a ticket to Narvar Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Below are the current emails that can be disabled:
- Return Initiated
- Return On Its Way
- Return Delivered
- Return Approved
- Return Rejected
- Reach out to your CSM or Narvar Support (email@example.com) for additional assistance if needed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.